Posted on | October 23, 2011 | 19 Comments
I’m not planning on making any changes to last year’s swap, except for the addition of Verity as Santa’s helper; we’ve split the work so that I will be responsible for coordinating sign ups and Verity will assign Santas. I am relying on participants to publicise the event, however, as I am out of the blogging loop and would love for this fun event to reach even more people than last year. For anybody new to this event (of which I hope there are many) please have a look through Persephone Secret Santa archived posts to see how much fun previous years have been.
Without further ado, instructions for participating are as follows:
1. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 6th (two weeks today) with your name, address (all personal information will be destroyed after completion of gift exchange), a list of Persephone titles you have read and/or own/wish for and specify whether or not you are willing to ship your gift internationally.
2. During the week commencing November 6th names will be randomly drawn and participants will be notified as to who they are playing Santa to (do please look out for this email from Verity – it may possibly go to your junk mail).
3. Using the list of Persephone titles provided by your recipient, go back through your assigned blogger’s posts looking for favored authors or subject matter and choose a title you know the blogger will enjoy.
4. At this point, it is up to you as Santa how creative you wish to be in the workshop. You can order the book, have it gift wrapped and sent straight on to the recipient…or you can have the book sent to you first and go a step further by including a small gift that is homemade, bookish in nature or related to how you celebrate Christmas, then wrap it all up and send it on its way. Either way make sure you include a card revealing your identity. (Please indicate in your email if you will be including an additional gift.)
5. With the increase of packages being sent during the holidays, please aim to have your package delivered before or during the first week of December. Take into account the extra time needed if shipping internationally or if you are going on holiday/to see family over the holidays.
6. On December 16th, have a festive get together by revealing your Secret Santa is in a blog post and sharing what he (or she) brought you.
7. Spread the word … the more the merrier! Please feel free to use the image above.
If after signing up, something comes up to where you cannot participate, let me know as soon as possible so that I can make other arrangements. Please consider all costs involved before participating (for the book, for any shipping, the additional gift, etc.). This is meant to be fun, not stressful, and I wouldn’t want anyone to feel overwhelmed by the commitment. Do please note that Persephone Books have recently raised their prices.
If you have any questions, you can leave a comment or email me.
Thank you very much to Verity for joining me in this year’s fun.